Many of us follow the myth that you can lose weight via weight loss pills or diet pills. These pills break down and metabolize the fat which is then passed out. There are a lot of things to consider while using these pills since they have a lot of side effects as well. The medical complications and adverse effects associated with these pills are numerous. Consider the facts listed below before using these pills for using weight:
Facts about diet pills:
- Do not start taking these pills on your own or by the advice of any colleague or relative. These pills are highly dangerous in case of breastfeeding women and in people who have cardiac and renal issues.
- Do not try any herbal medication for weight loss without prescription.
- Hydroxycitric acid is a drug that stops a fat producing enzyme. It is effective at certain doses but it has been reported that it produces sterility and hepatotoxicity as well.
- Chitosan is present in many diet pills. It is derived from shrimps and other products. It binds to fat and stop its digestion. It has been reported that it does not cause any loss in weight at all.
- Ephedra and caffeine are a part of many herbs and are used in combination with aspirin. They are dangerous since they cause a rise in blood pressure, arrhythmias, and stroke. They do lose some weight over the passage of time but these pills cause irritation of the gastric mucosa and dizziness is also common with these pills.
- Chromium supplements are also part of pills that are used for losing weight and diets. They have been reported to suppress the diet and appetite. Weight loss is common with these pills but stomach disorders are common as well.
- Diet pills slow down the metabolism. As a result, your metabolic machinery loses its original function. The growth of the body and the regulation of normal processes slow down. You can always check these medications before starting any diet pills therapy. The knowledge of these adverse effects can save you from a lot of troubles. You can always discuss these side effects with your doctor. It is better to say a no to these supplements and start using natural stuff to lose weight. Exercising is one of the easiest ways along with healthy eating in order to lose weight.